VII International Mining and Metallurgy Congress and Exhibition “Astana Mining & Metallurgy” - AMM-2016 was held on June 15-16 in Astana.
The main theme of AMM-2016 was new technologies and approaches in the mining industry on the road to further diversification of the MMC industry in the country and in the world. During two days of meetings the plans and prospects for development of the industry were discussed. One of the important events of the Congress was admission of Kazakhstan to be a member of CRIRSCO International Reporting Standards Committee.
- More than 960 delegates from 23 countries attended VII International Mining and Metallurgy Congress
- 56 companies presented their stands at “Astana Mining & Metallurgy” Exhibition
- 34 companies participated in B2B meetings
- In the framework AMM 2016 10 thematic sessions and round tables were held
- Speakers of the Congress were the top-level officials as Bakhytzhan Sagintayev, First Deputy Prime Minister of the RK, Asset Issekeshev, Minister of Investments and Development of the RK, Albert Rau, Vice-Minister of Investments and Development of the RK, Harry Parker, Chairman of CRIRSCO International Reporting Standards Committee, Vitaliy Nesis, CEO of Polymetal International and others.
AMM Congress, which is referred to as the main meeting of geologists, miners and metallurgists, is a dialogue platform for industrial enterprises, consulting companies, financial and research institutions of different countries, a meeting venue for government agencies and businesses.
In 2018 in Astana on the basis of AMM Congress “World Mining Congress” will be held, Kazakhstan will be given the baton for holding it by Brazil in October 2016.